LEVEL 3 AWARD IN NUTRITION
The importance of managing food and drink intake cannot be emphasised enough when wanting to manage one’s weight, enhance sporting performance and live a healthy life. It is also an important factor to consider when tackling chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, obesity and certain cancers.
Our level 3 Nutrition for physical activity course will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to aid yours or your clients’ weight loss, sporting performance and healthy eating.
This course is delivered through distance learning and 1 assessment day. Once enrolled, you will be equipped learning resources including a print manual, mock exams and full tutor support who you can contact at any time throughout your course. You should give yourself a minimum of 3 weeks before your assessment day to allow enough time to be prepared for your exam.
There’s so much nutritional information available online from self-proclaimed experts, making it difficult to differentiate fact from fallacy. This course provides you with the knowledge to do so, consisting of the following topics:
- Proteins: Functions, amino acids, complete/incomplete
- Carbohydrates: Simple, complex, non-starch polysaccharides
- Fats:Lipids, saturded, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated
- Breakdown of vitamins and minerals
- Appropriate supplementation
- Producing energy from carbs, fats and proteins
- Fuelling for aerobic and anaerobic sport
- High glycemic and low glycemic
- Metabolic rates
- The different stages of the digestive system
- How food is consumed and absorbed
The food industry and guidelines
- National food pyramid
- Food labelling and marketing terms
- Food quality and preperation
The course also includes:
- Eating disorders
- Motivational strategies
- Weight management
- Fat storage and distribution
- Cultural and religious practices
You will be assessed throughout your studies in a number of ways including:
- Theory exam: 30 minutes multiple choice test sat on attendance day
- Case study: You will use the knowledge learnt in the course to create a three-day food diary based in an individual’s eating activity. Once completed you will then analyse and set goals to improve their dietary practices
It is recommended to have a L2 Fitness Instructing (Gym) however it is not compulsory. There are no entry requirements for this qualification other than being aged 16+
YMCA level 3 certificate in Nutrition for physical activity
16 REPs points
thefitnesscircle.co.uk has 5 out of 5 from 68 reviews
I cannot speak highly enough of The Fitness Circle’s services. You learn everything you need to know to get you started for a career in personal training.
Plenty of support was given and the practical days are so much fun!
I’ll miss going to the sessions and seeing the team but the course was amazing with all the help and support needed! Recommend it to anyone!
I trained with The Fitness Circle and qualified as a personal trainer. It was professionally taught and I am now running my own gym!
The fitness circle Level 2-3 PT course offered me the flexible support I needed to make it through the course in my own speed. Not only was it the cheapest course in central London, it also pleasantly surprised me by its professional and neutering trainers throughout. I was meet by a team equipped with warm and curious approach to my learning, clearly having the success of their students in mind. I completed the course and qualified within 8 weeks, a highly recommended course for any aspiring PT. Thank you!
Absolutely amazing, couldn’t recommend The Fitness Circle enough. They have the perfect balance of letting you get on with it in your own pace but at the same time motivating you along the way and offering you as much help as possible. Debs and Alex were the nicest people to get along with and I really felt like they cared about how well I did which is very nice as you don’t always get that with all these other company’s. I finished my diploma within the time I wanted and they made it a fun experience!